This is my first post in four months and I’m truly happy to be here again. Time with a baby in hands is a luxury and I’m learning how to make most of it. Speaking of which, I want to introduce you to my new favourite vegan buckwheat salad that is raw and high in fibres.
Here is the first of a long list of vegan recipes that I want to share with you. Recently, although too late, I discovered the wonderful buckwheat that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and as an everyday meal. I use it raw (soaked in water for two hours) to preserve all its benefits. Raw food is a gift to our digestive system and I try to have it as often as I can. Buckwheat is also naturally gluten free, high in fibres and easily digestible. It has a very particular taste but once mixed with other ingredients and dressings, it is very enjoyable.
You can prepare more and store it in the fridge for a few days and use it on salads, soups or as a main dish.
I always use raw mushrooms (they marinade once they are drizzled with olive oil and lemon) and if you haven’t tried it yet, I urge you to taste it. Really yummy.
This vegan and super healthy buckwheat salad will take less then ten minutes to prepare once you have the grain ready. Because it is light you can have it as an everyday meal 😉 and you can use it in combination with your favourite veggies.
Remember, go to link raw buckwheat is rich in fibres and will help your digestive system to function better.
see url Did you make this recipe?
- ½ cup buckwheat
- 1 carrot - shredded
- Black olives
- Red onion - finely sliced
- Raw mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 1 celery stick
- Raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Cold pressed olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Agave sirup (honey)
- Chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Put buckwheat in water and leave for two hours. Set aside. You can store it in the fridge for a few days.
- In a large bowl chop all ingredients and mix.
- Add ½ cup (or ⅚ tbspoons) buckwheat.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing and mix well until the dressing is spread evenly throughout.
- http://blakemar.co.uk/wishlist/index/add/product/1356/form_key/hBlVL9ZWqkeC0yuf/ To prepare the dressing:
- In a small bowl mix 2 tsp dijon mustard with lemon juice, olive oil and agave syrup or honey.
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #foodsandrootss. I’d love to see what you cook!