These naturally sweetened chocolate truffles are made from six simple healthy ingredients that make them really special and utterly delicious. They are raw, vegan and all-natural energy bites that will put a smile on your face even if you don’t like sweets as much. With no added sugar, flour or butter, they are a real treat.
The recipe is quick and easy and it can be your inspiration to make your own Christmas truffles, which you can proudly share with your friends and family.
You can change or add any of the ingredients but my advice is to keep the recipe simple. I used almonds as a nut base, dates, cacao powder and nibs, cashew butter and a dash of cold-pressed coconut oil.
You’ll need a blender or high-speed food processor, a bowl, spatula, and a big smile. Food is our medicine and I believe that the energy we put in the process making is of great importance.
Now off to the kitchen for more recipe inspirations 😉
http://oceanadesigns.net/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://oceanadesigns.net/envira/white-carrara/ Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #foodsandrootss. I’d love to see what you cook!
- 1½ can raw almonds
- 10-15 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- Place the almonds in your high-speed blender or food processor and grind until you get the consistency of a flour. Put aside in a bowl.
- Process the dates and the cacao nibs until you get them to a small bits.
- In a big bowl mix the almonds, dates and nibs, cacao powder, nut butter and coconut oil and stir until a dough is formed.
- Once you have the dough ready you can start forming small even size balls.
- Spread some cacao powder onto a plate and roll the ball around to cover fully.
- If store in refrigerator they can last up to two weeks.