When it comes to making simple and easy food, hummus is certainly a leader. It is a versatile dip and there are many different ways to incorporate this creamy dreamy dip into your meals and snacks. It goes really weill with raw veggies, sweet potatoes or as just as a spread; flavored with lime juice and sprinkled with red pepper and parsley, hummus is a great go-to appetizer.
It requires no cooking and it can be made in less than 10 minutes. Once you learn how to make the basic recipe you can make your own, as there are no rules for flavouring.
My boyfriend made this hummus, as he became so good in getting the right texture and the love he puts in the making is so beautiful to watch. He let me suggest the spices and we make the perfect hummus together. :-))
- 1 can chickpeas - leave the juice aside.
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Olive oil
- Celery leaves
- Black pepper
- Red pepper
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, lemon, celery leaves, salt, black pepper and olive oil in the blender.
- Add some of the chickpeas' juice and mix until you get creamy texture.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender and transfer the hummus in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon and red pepper and garnish with celery leaves.